Back to News
IT Operation Engineer
We are currently seeking an IT Operation Engineer with substantial information systems administration experience. The successful applicant will have responsibilities including datacenter operations, network administration, server management, procurement, vendor relations, physical security, information security, access control, helpdesk support, technical project management, configuration management, change orchestration, and engineering support. A demonstrated ability to learn and to master new information systems is essential for the candidate to join a small IT team that holds agility and efficiency in high regard, runs a highly virtualized infrastructure, administrates a supercomputer, and keeps the company sprinting forward.
- A clear head in the presence of alerts / Nerf darts
- Strong capabilities in Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows & network security
- Experience with version control (mainly git)
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Java, JVM, SaaS, and PaaS
- Experience working with AWS products like EC2, RDS, SQS
- Experience in maintaining production systems and documentation of runbooks.
- Strong scripting experience (Bash, Python etc.)
- Troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack
- Solid communication skills with team members near and far
- Vendor management at the operations level
- At least 4-5 years of IT support/engineering experience
Nice to Haves:
- Expertise in operations of cloud business systems
- Experience working with Atlassian products such as JIRA, Bamboo, and Confluence
- Experience working with Web Service standards and technologies (SOAP, REST, XML, JSON etc.)
- Linux LDAP integration experience
- Apache/Nginx administration experience
Benefits and Perks:
- A Challenge: The opportunity to work in a fast-paced company, well funded, startup-like company – tasked with redefining global education
- Health and Medical: Great health coverage with dental and vision benefits, 401k matching, ample PTO, and on-site gym
- Education: Free 1on1 Mandarin Lessons + Other topics to come soon!
- Fun and Food: Battle our resident Foosball champion team Srini + Efrain, while eating your free lunches, and/or munching on some snacks (Oh yeah, we have Cheez-Its!)
iTutorGroup is the premier online education platform, and the largest English language learning institution in the world – thanks to its proprietary online education platform, which dynamically recommends the optimal course size, the best teacher and the right teaching material from more than 10,000 hours of existing course content. Its success is based on a database of user preferences and feedback, gathered from millions of classroom sessions over the last 10 years, coupled with analytical algorithms and predictive capabilities to optimize the relationship between teacher and student, and in real time.