Back to News
Senior Software Engineer
You will have a chance to work with a small group of talented engineers and make significant contributions to the design and development of a new generation of a global scale cloud-based collaborative education platform with the focus on scalability, performance and high availability.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and development of the next generation of the SaaS collaboration platform.
- Conduct unit-testing and participate in the review and analysis of test plan and test cases
- Support the deployment of software applications to the cloud environment.
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to ensure support of all product features.
- Extensive experience in Java.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in API design, Restful APIs.
- 5+ years of experience working in cloud platform development environments
- Exceptional knowledge of CS fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, and OOD/OOP principles.
- Experience building scalable and high performance software.
- Experience monitoring performance and implementing load-balancing and scale out deployments.
- Experience in Amazon AWS or Rack Space.
- Experience with Virtualization and container (Docker) technologies.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- BS in Computer Science
Nice to Haves:
- Python or scripting knowledge
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience with large scale global deployments.
- Advanced degree in CS science
Benefits and Perks:
- A Challenge: The opportunity to work in a fast-paced company, well funded, startup-like company – tasked with redefining global education
- Health and Medical: Great health coverage with dental and vision benefits, 401k matching, ample PTO, and on-site gym
- Education: Free 1on1 Mandarin Lessons + Other topics to come soon!
- Fun and Food: Battle our resident Foosball champion team Srini + Efrain, while eating your free lunches, and/or munching on some snacks (Oh yeah, we have Cheez-Its!)
iTutorGroup is the premier online education platform, and the largest English language learning institution in the world – thanks to its proprietary online education platform, which dynamically recommends the optimal course size, the best teacher and the right teaching material from more than 10,000 hours of existing course content. Its success is based on a database of user preferences and feedback, gathered from millions of classroom sessions over the last 10 years, coupled with analytical algorithms and predictive capabilities to optimize the relationship between teacher and student, and in real time.