Back to News
Software Engineer Full Stack Node Developer
A pre-IPO exceptionally well-funded premier online education technology company is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their team and focus on UI architecture and development as well as integration with the distributed backend platform. You will have an opportunity to work on the new generation of an innovative online learning platform used in more than 40 countries across the globe and serving thousands of students daily.
The success of the educational platform is based on a database of user preferences and feedback, gathered from millions of classroom sessions over the last 10 years, coupled with analytical algorithms and predictive capabilities to optimize the relationship between teacher, student and material in real-time.
Starting date: ASAP
· Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it such as Express, StrongLoop, etc
· Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jade, EJS, etc
· Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
· Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
· Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
· Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Node.JS enthusiast, eager to build commercial applications with ES6, Webpack/Gulp, Swagger, and SPAs like React and Angular.
- Comfortable with platforms like Docker, CircleCI, and Artifactory.
- Keen understanding of Microservices and how they are modeled and not intimidated by fancy concepts like Messaging Buses (eg Kafka, NATS), Protocol Buffers, and Clustering.
- Know the modern technical stack from the network up and can programmatically control all of it thanks to AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Deep respect for the challenges associated with operating a large-scale system in product, and your designs and implementations reflect that understanding. You love sleeping soundly knowing that your infrastructure has been designed and implemented to be scalable and robust with the entire engineering team involved in DevOps. You’ve been woken up in the middle of the night when it hasn’t been that way.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience and/ or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team. Prior startup experience is a huge plus!
- Can built highly scalable products that involve some, or all of the following components: fault-tolerance, high availability, e-commerce and distributed microservices.
- Enjoy creating unconventional solutions to the most challenging requirements.
· Experience developing UIs for Analytics applications
· Mobile applications development experience on iOS and Android platforms
· Experience with HTML5 video/audio and other collaboration services.
With more than 5,000 teaching consultants in 60 countries around the world, iTutorGroup is the largest online education platform that provides real-time interactive language training and easy access to experts on-demand through tens of millions of classes annually.